A Whitstable-inspired burnt box

This is the first of three Whitstable-inspired boxes that I've been working on, and it features the iconic yellow fisherman statue who welcomes everyone to the harbour with his massive fish.



I've always loved the yellow fisherman, and we have lots of photographs of my daughter, when she was very little, stood next to him. When I think of lovely Whitstable, one of the things that immediately comes to my mind is this iconic figure. He's like a friendly, fishy, smiling beacon.



I always think of Whitstable as a beautiful vintage-sea-air sort of place, which has a lovely character about it. It's definitely one of my favourite places, so I quite enjoyed making this box. Plus, the box I made is very similar to one of my Margate-inspired boxes, and if I could put the two together it would be a nice little pair.






Anyway, hope you like it. No time to chat, gotta get on with the second one now! 
Thanks for reading xxxxx.

Comments

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this box!! And I love living in Whitstable too! Fab idea to feature the fisherman, he's cartainly iconic. Waves are beautiful. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments…

Popular Posts