Alan Bennett and Margate... A burnt box story


Alan Bennett and Margate were the two inspirations behind this burnt box, and it is part of the series of boxes I've done based on this fabulous re-emerging seaside town. 



I used this Alan Bennett quote on the very first burnt box I made to sell, and it seemed apt for this series of Margate boxes... "life is rather like a tin of sardines, we're all of us looking for the key". I wanted to include the Turner Contemporary Gallery and the newly-opened Dreamland into this piece, as these two iconic buildings hold the real key to Margate's regeneration.




All of the Margate-inspired boxes will soon be for sale. If you would like to see my other burnt boxes, have a look at my Etsy shop by clicking on the logo on the top right. Thanks for reading xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts