"Procrastinate now, don't put it off"

I agree with Ellen DeGeneres - I'm a big procrastinator. Even typing the word 'procrastinator' makes me want to get up and make coffee half-way through. It's that bad!


So my remedy for this has always been to have lots of projects on the go. I get bored with one thing, no problem... I have ten other things to finish off. My main project at the moment is embroidering material, and then making it into a dress for my little girl. I'm going to use the Oliver & S Seashore Dress pattern. I love embroidery, love it, and doing chicken scratch enbroidery is fun. I got off to a good start, even took my embroidery box out with me and did some in the car while my daughter slept. Loved it. But in the last few days, something has stopped me from picking up my needle. I've started to get lazy (did I say lazy, I mean procrastinate... oh, make me a coffee). 



My procrastination could stem from the fact that we are having a new kitchen installed next week and I'm dreading it. All I can think of is the bloody mess it will make, the dust and the general inconvenience. Plus, when I'm not thinking about embroidering or sewing, I'm having to clear out the kitchen cupboards. Clearing out cupboards is a dismal experience. I have found utter filth in the back of our drawers and lots of spiders. Three questions I have asked myself today: Why are there rice grains in every single cupboard and drawer? What is that black sticky stuff, no really what is it? What the hell did that used to be? 

So today, instead of the embroidery, I pulled out a few of my unfinished projects which have been waiting patiently for me to get on with. The first is another pyrography project. Sorry everyone but I love burning stuff, and I can't resist a plain box that needs decorating. I ordered this one off Amazon for a couple of pounds. OK, slight lie, I ordered four... plus, three other boxes in all shapes and sizes. Oh, and a mini bird box. I have a problem I know, I know. 



I've started the front of it with a seaside-pier design and now I just have to work out what to put on all the other sides. This has been waiting a year to be finished! I have no idea why I haven't finished it, but since I won't be able to do any sewing, while the kitchen gets done, this is one of the projects I need to complete now. 


The next thing on my list is this crocheted granny-square blanket, which I started earlier this year and got really excited about. I was excited until I realised just how many squares I need to make it big enough to fit on my daughter's bed. I need millions. But this, again, is a good project to do while I can't use my sewing machine. 



So three things I have to do: embroider the dress ready to sew up, finish the paint box and get on with the blanket. That isn't all the projects I have on the go either. I have various embroidery projects waiting for me, I have to choose the material for the Dotty Angel dress, plus I have two dresses to make for my niece and my brother's girlfriend. Also, I have to think of designs for all those wooden boxes I bought... but those projects can wait. I'm already getting a head rush from just listing all the stuff. So when I get them done I'll post them on here... that's if they do get done. 

Have you got millions of projects on the go too? I bet you have. Let me know, I'd love to hear from you.

Comments

Popular Posts